Eat a lot of foods rich in Vitamin A, Beta Carotene, Vitamin C, healthy omega 3 fatty acids, Polyphenols called catechins, Carotenoids like lutein, zeaxanthin and Astaxanthin.
BETA CAROTENE & VITAMIN A – produces the pigments in the retina of the eye
– Sweet potatoes
Women should get 75mg a day. If you do smoke, you have to add additional 35mg.
– Chili Peppers
– 1 cup of Boiled Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, cauliflower
– Citrus fruits such as lime, lemon, grapefruit.
CAROTENOIDS LIKE LUTEIN AND ZEAXANTHIN
– Green Leafy Vegetables such as Kale, Spinach, Turnip Greens, Garden Cress, Swiss chard, Mustard greens, Collards, Broccoli and are also rich in Vitamin A, B12, C and calcium
– Winter Squash
ASTAXANTHIN – Offers powerful protection for the eyes and may help prevent macular degeneration
– Krill Oil
– Shellfish (Shrimp, crab, crawfish, lobster)
– Red Peppers
HEALTHY OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS
– Salmon is also rich in Vitamin A & D.
POLYPHENOLS CALLED CATECHINS – antioxidants that boost eye health
– Found in Green tea
– Garlic is rich in sulfur, a nutrient that helps the body produce antioxidants that can protect the lens of the eye.
By God’s Garden of Eden