It’s a sad fact that many of us now barely eat raw leafy greens any more. Have a think about when was the last time you ate anything raw leafy green. Think about how often you include leafy greens into your diet. Is it laced with chemicals? And is it fresh?
Following is some insights of the benefits of leafy greens which can be used in green smoothies to give you an idea of what you may have been missing out on. You may come to know why many of us are deficient in so many nutrients.
Green smoothies are absolutely packed with vitamins and minerals but one of the most amazing things about green smoothies is Chlorophyll. Chlorophyll is abundant in green leafy foods and literally claws toxins and heavy metals from your body. Chlorophyll is also an excellent bowel cleanser.
Chlorophyll is purifying and can assist in inhibiting the spread of bacteria, fungi and other organisms. Chlorophyll acts to enhance immune response and to relieve mucus congestion, sinusitis and other ‘damp’ conditions. Chlorophyll, high in oxygen, also suppresses viruses and helps the lungs to discharge residues from environmental pollution.
Chlorophyll is a molecule and contains magnesium. It is very similar in chemical structure to human hemoglobin. The only difference is that hemoglobin contains iron and chlorophyll contains magnesium. In other words, Chlorophyll is almost identical in its chemical makeup to human blood. Chlorophyll is an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory as well as a powerful purifying agent cleansing and brushing your internal temple. Chlorophyll is also helpful in eliminating bad breath which can be a sign of a toxic colon.
Here are more potential benefits of Chlorophyll:
• Helps to control and regulate calcium levels in the body
• Regulates blood sugar problems
• Increases iron levels in your blood
• May stimulate tissue growth
• Chlorophyll helps to purify the liver, which is essential in today’s world where we are faced with toxic build up from medication, excessive alcohol, chemicals in foods and cleaning products and the environment
• Enhances faster healing by increasing tissue and cell growth activity
• Can assist in constipation
• Assist in the production of red blood cellsBasically, leafy greens are alkalising and can aid in neutralizing toxic acids in the blood and tissues. They can assist in
• Vamping up your energy
• Strengthening of bones
• Healthy Brain
• Prevention of cancer
• Boost your immune system
Anti-ageing, anti-inflammatory leafy greens can also benefit in detoxifying your cells. Detox programs can be expensive and unnecessary when you can often get better results from nature’s greens.Trust in nature’s greens (organic) to surge your health naturally.Extracted from e-books “Green Smoothie Superfoods for Busy People” and “How to Detox Without Starving Yourself” at www.authenticdiscovery.com.au